THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Monday, May 20, 2013

A Girl-Classy and Fabulous Card---My 3rd Week at GDT at The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenges...

Happy Monday, everyone!  I am having such a wonderful time being GDT for the first time this whole month of May for the Monday Greeting Card Challenges at The Outlawz.  It was an honor to be asked and be surrounded by people who encourages me to create my best and also appreciates what I deliver.  The theme is "Purplelicious" and I didn't know how difficult it was till I realize that through the years of making cards, I probably used purple twice or thrice.  It was hard looking for the papers that will work well together and have the purple shades as dominant as possible in my card.  I decided to pray and ask my Father in heaven what to do and for Him to create through me.  It may seem a small issue but  I believe with all my heart that God is the very inspiration for all my creations.  Without Him, nothing will make sense and no matter how I tried my hardest, without His direction, I'll end up with a card that I am not artfully satisfied with.  After a few minutes, I felt in my spirit, ideas started flowing---beginning with finding the image that I already colored way back in mostly purple (it was awesome since I was already pressed with time) and it was Bugaboo (our sponsor for this week) and found the DP's that will complete the design.  And finally a clear idea of the lay-out to use, the embellishments and the sentiment that I found right away.  It was awesome, clearly, God answered my prayer and when I got it done, I was greatly amazed!  

It brings me comfort and peace that God cares and wants to be part of everything I do.  I know that I am here in the world of Crafting to blog about God's role and work in my life.  Without Him, my words and efforts will be meaningless.  Without His salvation (through Christ), I'll be a total lost!  Many friends visiting my Blog told me that what they see in my projects were not just crafted pieces of paper, put together neatly---there's so much more to it!  Those were great words and I am truly humbled because I knew it wasn't just me creating---IT IS GOD THROUGH ME!  I am His earthly vessel---His feet on earth!  I could have chosen to walk my own path but JESUS GAVE ME THE GRACE to know Him and be a recipient of His Spirit.  The scripture clearly states in the following scriptures how a Born-Again Believer (see John 3:3) is to live his/her life in total dependence to God by virtue of the new birth through faith in Jesus Christ.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5)

So, here is my inspiration Card for the Purplelicious at The Outlawz.  I used the image "JJ Calendar Months-April" that I colored with my ProMarker/Prismacolor/Spectrum Noir markers.  The card base is a 5.5-inch square Kraft CS and the very fitting sentiment is a freebie I got way back from Create with TLC. The DP's are from Recollections, DCWV and Me and My Big Ideas.  Other CS's used are from my scraps colored pink, cream and purple. The Lacey Oval is from Nestabilities, layered some Prima flowers and added a brad at the center , the die-cut swirls is from a Sizzix "Sizzlit"' die and added some glitters (Stickles), Crystal and Diamond.   I also incorporated a doily, a mesh fabric and some white pearl gems from Imaginisce.  For the image's glasses, I used Glossy Accents and lastly, I stitched all over the card.  Hope you like it.  


 A GIRL-CLASSY AND FABULOUS CARD:


 A GIRL-CLASSY AND FABULOUS CARD LAYERS:


 A GIRL-CLASSY AND FABULOUS CARD INSIDE:


A GIRL-CLASSY AND FABULOUS CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! *** 


That's it for me today, folks!  Please join us at The Outlawz by posting your entry project on Monday Greeting Card Challenge.  If it is your first time to join and visit The Outlawz Blog, you will need to sign-up in order to post or comment.  It's easy and free.  I truly appreciate everyone reading my Blog and leaving wonderful comments about my post.  God is faithful and I believe in my heart that whatever He ask me to post is for someone's benefit so, if you've been inspired, strengthened or challenged by God's Word, please let me know.  You are also an inspiration to me given by the Lord.  I am grateful for all of you.  Have an awesome week!  Hugs!

31 comments:

  1. I saw you on MIM your card is cute and adorable. I am # 4, 39, and #48, stop by I would
    Love to have you visit.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jo Ann. Thanks for playing along in our BINGO challenge this week. Good luck and please do join us again.
    Lori
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the delicate card, great colors! Genial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and envie. Visiting from MIM. pat k x

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoAnn, I am commenting on your WAW May 22 card which isn't yet posted on your blog. It is so well done and beautiful as are all your art works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is fabulous, and your coloring scrumptious. thanks for playing BINGO with us at Catch The Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card.

    Thanks for sharing at TPC this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Fun card, fab image. Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Anjie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous project, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab card, love your colouring, the backing paper and the flower are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon. Hugs Tina x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - real cute! Just visiting from MIM but glad I dropped by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful card. Love the fun image and sentiment. Great bold colours and lots of layers too.
    Thanks for linking up with us over at My Sheri Crafts this time.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great creation! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fab card - so fun!
    Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz
    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card - thanks for sharing in the "Bling" challenge at Di's Digi Designs
    Good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful creation, beautiful coloring as always and love the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Di's Digi Designs, Melonheadz Friends and Wags N Whiskers this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great colouring and layout. Very pretty too
    Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card... love the image and great details

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun card!! Love the image you chose. Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun card! Love the sentiment and those pearls! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. totally adorable card. I really love how you have colored her up!!!

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow lovely card
    Thank you for joining the challenge show us what you got by Shelly,s Images, hope to see you back really soon.
    hugs
    Gerda

    Shelly's Images Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a fabulous card, love your colouring! Thanks so much for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers for our Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck in the draw and look forward to seeing some more of your designs in our future challenges! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful card! thanks for playing with "Eclectic E." this week. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another wonderful entry into the Path of Positivity challenge. Good luck!

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your cards ar always so outstanding! This one is no exception. Love it and I am so happy you shared it at TTCRD.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm back with another DT hat on! Just love the sentiment you have paired up with this image! Really awesome.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Melonheadz friends challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. fab card! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oooo this is a neat card~~what a funlovin' image!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...