THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Sunday, May 26, 2013

Faith: Believing God Said So Card---Join us for an Anything Goes Challenge at 613 Avenue Create!

Hello, everyone!  This post is a bit late due to my always busy Sundays.  Had a wonderful time praising and worshiping the King of kings in the midst of the congregation early this morning and it was an honor to usher the people to the throne of our Almighty God.  I've been a part of the Music Ministry in all the Churches God took me since I came to know Him many years ago.  You see, God has given us all talents and has wired us to be good at certain things in order to fulfill His purpose here on earth through us.  Unless we submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, that purpose will remain foreign to us because only when we are connected to our power Source that we can unleash our full potential.  Before I came to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I thought I got my life going.  I've been singing all my life and was doing great in other forms of art like dancing and acting.  Back in my college years, I realized I could make singing as a career and I have gotten wonderful words, which I took as confirmation, from the many great talents I was surrounded with.  But I had to rethink my future the time I lost my voice due to the stressful hours of rehearsals I had to go through at one of our Singing competitions.  I was devastated that my dream would never come to pass.  I somehow resented God wondering how He could have given the talent and then took it back.  It was frustrating not being able to perform in the same level I was able to.  That, together with many other problems  life brought me at the exact time sure plummeted me to hopelessness.  THEN, CAME JESUS!  Growing up in one of the most influential religions in the world, I thought I knew Jesus!  I found out that I just knew His name but not truly knew Who He was in my life.  I began to read His Word----there was that hunger and thirst to discover that love, grace and compassion He alone can provide.  My life is a living testimony that He never failed.  I took what was left of my voice and offered it back to Him.  It is so wonderful to serve the Only One who is worthy of all my praise---the One who loved me so much that He had to give His life for my sake.  In times of trials and moments of stubbornness,  He remains constant, unchanging of His love for me.   He wraps me in His arms and tells me to calm down and lets me rest while He takes hold of the driver's seat.  And all I need to do is to allow Him---That simple trust is FAITH!  Many of us think we know everything and that we are capable enough to be in charge of our lives.  We want to rest in the evening knowing that we did everything we possibly can to live a successful life---rich in all the pleasures that go with it.  This mentality is nothing but rebellion to the Only One true God.  Come to think of it, we cannot even prevent death from coming.  We are helpless in natural calamities and not one of us can stop an earthquake from happening no matter how rich or powerful we are.  The scripture tells us that there is life after death and only the Bible has detailed what would become of those that didn't put their faith (trust) in Jesus Christ (had been Born-again of the Water (Word of God) and the Spirit (Holy Spirit)---Read John 3) and the legacy of those that have done so before our physical life is over.  I challenge you to seek the Scriptures and lay out all your questions to our Almighty God.  He has every questions answered. We are a heartbeat away from eternity and I ask that you don't take it lightly for it may be too late.  I would like to share to you these scriptures Jesus told us about the Rich man and Lazarus.  I hope this provides a glimpse of the reality of eternal life according to the Word of God and how we are a tripartite being possessing a spirit, soul and body:

“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire. But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.  And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’ He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’” (Luke 16:19-31)
  
With all these verses, it is most important that we trust in what the Word of God says.  The Bible has 66 books that comprised both the Old and the New Testaments.  They were written by several authors with many years in between each book yet, it does not have any error.  Why so?  Because it didn't come from the mind of man but of God.  Men were used by God to write but the thoughts were from God Himself---the Holy Spirit.  I can identify with that because when I am sharing here in my Blog, I am amazed at some of the posts I share and I can tell you, it is not my thoughts but God's. I am simply a vessel for Him.  So, here's my inspiration card for you today for our Challenge at 613 Avenue Create.  It's Anything Goes this week and our lovely sponsor is Meljen's Designs.  I chose the "A Girl and her Overalls" that I had for quite sometime (rubber stamp) and colored it with ProMaker/Prismacolor markers.  I laid every panel on a 5.5-inch square Kraft card base, the DP's are from Recollections and DCWV and the CS's are Kraft, Green, Blue, Pink and Yellow from my scraps.  I layered some Prima flowers, add buttons and glitters (Stickles-Diamond), ribbon and Liquid Pearls (White Opaque).   I stamped some swirls from Inkadinkado and the sentiment is from CDS Stamps which I recently purchased (Hurry, I think they still have a moving sale).  Hope you enjoy the pics.



FAITH: BELIEVING GOD SAID SO CARD:


FAITH: BELIEVING GOD SAID SO CARD LAYERS:


FAITH: BELIEVING GOD SAID SO CARD INSIDE:


FAITH: BELIEVING GOD SAID SO CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! *** 


This is all for today and I am posting my next inspiration card for The Outlawz Challenges tomorrow.  Hope you have a good start of the week and know that the Lord has prepared for you a life of purpose as you surrender your life to Jesus Christ!  Hugs and blessings...

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous fun card. Love the image and really cheerful colours.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully done. The image is precious, but your coloring brings her to life! I'm so glad you joined us at Sister Act this week!
    Hugs-
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, I love all of the bright colours you have used. Thank you for joining in the fun at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith is one of the tenants that all people should live by. Another inspiring post and gorgeous card. Your colouring is just incredible and I love that quote. Thank you so much for your continued support of the Path of Positivity Challenge.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, wonderful colours...Thanks for playing along with us at Joanna Sheen Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colouring and such a lovely and fun card! Thanks for entering our challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers, hope to see you for our next challenge too! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Jo Ann! Brilliantly coloured and embellished and a wonderful quote!

    Thank you for sharing with us at the Lacy Sunshine challenge and good luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so lovely! Thank you so much for sharing it on my Facebook page. :-) Have a beautiful, blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "For the Girls” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Creatalicious Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweetie, this is a lovely card, and I love the sentiment - actually, at this time I found your whole post very moving, I needed to be reminded about God's unfailing power, even in the worst of times, so thank you for that.

    However, at Dream Valley we asked for an animal on your card, and the little ladybugs on your image don't really qualify, I'm so very sorry!

    I hope you have a great weekend and a praise-filled Sunday! God bless!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful card! Love your perfect coloring on this cute image and all the gorgeous embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing at Make It Monday. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. JoAnn, Just love your card, stitching and coloring! Thank you are playing this week at Simply Create Too. Hope to see you again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...