THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Sunday, May 12, 2013

Great Outdoors Outhouse Card---It's Anything Goes/Shaped Cards Challenge at 613 Avenue Create!

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!  What have you got planned today?  For me, I just want to worship the Lord with my family and celebrate the remaining hours outside of my Craft Room...LOL  I've been stuck making projects for a couple of days so, after this post, I want to spend my time with my family.  I'm sure most of you thought of the same thing.  Anyway, my project today highlights the simplicity of life and being content with your blessings.  I still remember spending several years of my life with my Grandma back in the central part of the Philippines, and at age 3-5, my Grandma had a wonderful house made of mostly different kinds of bamboos, wood and other natural resources---far  from the hustle and bustle of the city.  Life was so much simpler then.  There was no TV or stereo, all we have was a radio.  We slept with a mat (no padding) on the floor we call "Banig" with a mosquito net.  We cooked using wood and there was no refrigerator.  The floor in the kitchen and dining area had gaps that you can see below as the house was elevated from the ground with stilts and under that was where the bathroom and toilets were located.  I remember having to wake up my Grandma and carry a flashlight or a candle in the middle of the night.  As a kid, that was always a scary thing for me to do.  Yet, looking back, spending time with my Grandma in a very simple life is one of my fondest memories of being a kid.  There was more time for togetherness---time to listen, to teach one another (she taught me how to crochet and many other crafts, braid my hair etc.) and to show love and affection for  one another.  

I've tasted the simple life and was happy and content.  So, what is contentment?  One dictionary defines it as "the state of being mentally or emotionally satisfied with things as they are.”  In essence, Jesus is telling us to be content with what we have.  Here are some verses I want to share with you today: 

"Jesus said, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?” (Matthew 6:25)

Apostle Paul said, “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:12-13)

Jesus said,  “For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matthew 6:32-33).

Whether we live a simple or complex life, God told us to be content with what we have.  I believe people can only appreciate plenty when they experienced lack.  In both conditions, I learned to appreciate the blessings of the Lord in  my life.  I thank Him for His provisions when things are going well and humbly cling on Him when times are tough.  Our Father in Heaven knows what we need and He wants us to completely trust in Him for every little and significant things involving our lives.  We must understand that Jesus Christ is the means by which every blessing flows to us from the Father.  Through Jesus' death, burial and resurrection, He established the way that was severed by rebellion when Man fell.  Because Jesus won the victory, it is by faith in Jesus' finished work  that we come to God, our Father, and received from Him the righteousness that is bestowed upon every sons and daughters of the King in God's Kingdom.  There's nothing we can do---good works, self-reliance, accomplishments, obeying the laws (Mosaic Law) and anything man can conjure up by himself---in order to receive this righteousness (right standing) with God.  It is solely by faith in Jesus Christ and what He accomplished on the Cross that gives us that status in the sight of God.  Noah and Abraham were just two of the people that lived before the Law of Moses.  Yet what did God say about Abraham in Galatians 3:6, "In the same way, "Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith."  This only means that we are to come to God the same way Abraham did before the law.  That is by way of faith---in Jesus Christ!

So, for this week's Challenge at 613 Avenue Create, I am featuring an "Old Fashioned Outhouse" from our sponsor, Rick St. Dennis.  I colored the image with my ProMarker/Prismacolor/Spectrum Noir markers.  I used a 5.5-inch white CS card base.  To shape it (to go with the optional theme), I used an MS Punch and my Corner Chomper to shape the corners/edges.  I embossed with my Cuttlebug using a Paper Studio folder, die cut with Nestabilities using the Lacey Circle, added the border and butterfly accent from Heidi Grace and adhered several glittery gems from I-Rock.  The outside sentiment is from Studio G and the inside is from Stampabilities.  As always, I run this card in my sewing machine.  I love how the colored image pop in a primarily white bacground.  This surely reminds me of my time with my Grandma which I cherish a lot---the simpler life!


 GREAT OUTDOORS OUTHOUSE CARD:


  GREAT OUTDOORS OUTHOUSE CARD LAYERS:


  GREAT OUTDOORS OUTHOUSE CARD INSIDE:


 GREAT OUTDOORS OUTHOUSE CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! *** 


That's it for me today.  Hope you join us at 613 Avenue Create for our Anything Goes/Shaped Card  Challenge.  There are a load of inspiration from my fellow DT's that you need to check-out there.  I will be coming back tomorrow to highlight the card I made for my second week as GDT at The Outlawz Challenges.  Have a blessed and wonderful day, all you Moms out there!  Hugs! 

31 comments:

  1. Hi, Jo Ann! This is just stunning! Never did an Outhouse look so "inviting"! :D) Your work on our team has been amazing and we are honored to have you as a member of our family. Looking forward to greater things for all of us!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner
    613 Create

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowie, Gorgeous. Love the choice of papers and the image is so beautifull coloured.

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Jo Ann! Amazingly coloured and I love your gorgeous attention to detail.
    Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say my grandmother who prayed for me everyday, had a big part of me eventually coming to Jesus. Loving grandmothers are the BEST!!!
    Thank you for sharing your sweet memories and your gorgeous project Jo Ann~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card!! Your coloring ia amazing, I love the shape and the butterfly os the side. Such a great memory to share. Sometimes a simpler life would be nice right now. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card with wonderful colouring. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work. Cute image. thanks for playing at Love to Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous colours...very nice inside design also

    thanks for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges

    Love Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Jo Ann. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at crafty catz. Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card!! Love the shape and colors!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great summertime entry into the Stampotique challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colouring and design - love it! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week, please come back again to share your fabulous work! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, awesome coloring. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. just discovered your lovely blog and wondered if I might be able to subscribe by email?
    mgemmill@xtra.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi JoAnn! I love your card this week! You always color your images so beautifully and use such vivid color combos! I always look forward to what you'll create :)

    Hugs,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your card, I came to have closer look from MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your creation is beautiful! Thank you for joining us over at Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love everything about your card! Such wonderful memories you share creating the card. The shape is fab and the colurs really pop like you said. Your sewing skills are excellent and really adds that extra to the card - well done:) Thank you for sharing your creation at The Rubber Buggy challenge Anything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card! Love the image, your coloring, and your layout! Thank you for joining our Corrosive Challenge this fortnight.
    Ruza, CDT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awwwww. Your card is just darling and your coloring is amazing. Thank you so very much for playing with us at Love to Scrap challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just beautiful Jo Ann--both the post and the card. I loved what you said about the idea that whether our lives are simple or complex, we need to be content with what we have. This is often an idea that I try to get across in my Motivational Monday posts on my personal blog. I also agree that it is much easier for people to appreciate plenty when they experienced lack. In terms of the card itself, your colouring is just incredible. Thank you so much for participating in my new Path of Positivity challenge. Your work and thoughts are the perfect match for what I am trying to achieve. May the sun continue to shine down on your path.

    Sincerely,
    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Came over from MIM. I love the coloring of this card. Its wonderful. Really striking.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Came over from MIM to take a look at your fantastic card! I love that sweet image and your coloring is Wonderful! I love the Outhouse! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your work is incredible!! Thanks for playing along with us at Loves to Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow.. what a grogeous creation! Love your perfect coloring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make It Monday. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is really beautiful! Love the image and colouring. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cute image - the colouring of the wooden shed is lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Simply stunning and just love the coloring. Thanks for playing at The Rubber Buggy

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  31. You sure know what to do with a marker, Jo Ann! This is simply stunning! Love everything about it!
    So glad you joined us for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge!
    Thanks for playing along!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...