THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Scripture Series: But the Lord is Faithful Easel Card---Time for Another Inspirational Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Great Wednesday to all you Crafters out there!  Sorry for my delay in posting this but just been hammered with loads of things to do the past few days that I felt I would be snoozing over my computer instead of completing a post.  But got a bit of rest now and ready to share God's Word.  My card today is a very special one because I used an image that I felt very strongly about.  Honestly, when I saw this image from Sassy Cheryl, I felt so emotional about it.  That is because I saw in the image something about myself and the love of God for me.  It's a picture of a little boy hugging a bear.  It should not be a big deal but if you noticed, the bear is falling apart, unwanted, all used up, tired and good for tossing away but the little boy picked it up and showed love and compassion for it.  He sees the potential over this unwanted bear and knew he can still bring out the best in it. So much so, the love of God for us...His grace, compassion and love drew Him to us who in return have rebelled against Him, did everything possible to betray Him and turned our backs against Him and in the process hurt ourselves---physically, emotionally and spiritually!  We were created in the image of likeness of our Father in Heaven.  Genesis 1:26 says, "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."  Not only did He gave us a spirit but He made us rulers with authority to rule over His creation.  We are His precious creation and was only expecting love in return.  But history showed us failing in Genesis 3.  Sharing the desire to be God (which is the very heart and nature of the devil when he said in Isaiah 14:13-15, "For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."), we became slaves to Satan and thus we are seeing the very evidence of his ruling on this earth which is bombarded with killing, stealing and destroying (John 10:10).  Romans 1:21 says, "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."  Sad to say but like the bear in my card, we were without hope, only good for tossing away...BUT GOD NEVER GAVE UP ON US!  He saw our potential, our future and refused to dwell in the past.  He's relentless, passionate and faithful.  He sent His One and Only Son---Jesus Christ---to suffer His own wrath (which clearly says that as God is love, He is also a JUST God that won't let sin  go unpunished) to ransom us from the hands of the devil.  He purchased us with His own blood---through Jesus death on the Cross so that he may condemn sin in the flesh.  He gave up His own life so that we may have ours back.  Don't you understand it?  He loves us more than His own life!  The Bible says in John 15:13, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."  I cried when I saw this cute digi image because I didn't see myself making the same choice as this boy.  When I purchase something, I want it to be in the most perfect condition, no tears nor spots.  I wouldn't want to pay for anything that needs some work unless I am desperately in need of it.  I realized the very God of heaven desperately needs me back in His arms that He is willing to give up His life for me.  He wants me for Himself---I, who have been disobedient, unfaithful, stubborn in many ways.  But that's who He is---HE LOVES!     I am good for tossing away but He sees me more precious than any jewels.  He saw my potential, not my present situation.  Tell me, how can I not love Him back?  Knowing Him and what He has done for me is the best thing that ever happened in my life and I am eternally grateful.  I want to share with you some verses to ponder on:

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."  (Isaiah 1:18)

"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." (Isaiah 43:25)

"My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One." (1 John 2:1)

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord," (Acts 3:19) 

"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life In Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death" (Romans 8:1-2)

So, here's my inspirational card for you today at Word Art Wednesday (WAW) and it features 2 Thessalonians 3:3 which I added some color using Paint Program.  You can download this scripture Word Art at the WAW Blog for free.  The Sassy Cheryl  image (already retired, I think!) is colored using my ProMarker/Prismacolor/Spectrum Noir markers.  I used a Kraft 5.5" square base card.  The DP's are from Recollections and K & Company.  I used Nestabilities for my Hexagon die cut, some brown brads and a sanding dust cloth from Making Memories for that touch of fiber.  I stamped the "love border" from Fiskars and the inside sentiment is from Studio G.  Lastly, as always, I stitched all over this card.  Hope you are blessed with it as much as I am. 


 BUT THE LORD IS FAITHFUL EASEL CARD:


 BUT THE LORD IS FAITHFUL EASEL CARD SIDE VIEW:


 BUT THE LORD IS FAITHFUL EASEL CARD WHEN CLOSE:


 BUT THE LORD IS FAITHFUL EASEL CARD WITH MESSAGE SPACE:


BUT THE LORD IS FAITHFUL EASEL CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! *** 

I am so grateful to God for His help posting this.  He is my Source of inspiration in all my  projects and posting.  Without Him, I will not have anything worthy of sharing.  I hope you join us at WAW and link up to 5 inspirational , family friendly projects to our Challenge.  If you decide to make something out of the free Word art, we would like to see it but if you don't, it's not a requirement.  I am excited to see what you create this week. Lots of prizes to be won from our sponsor this week, V's Sweet Ideas.  Have a blessed day and meditate on the love of Jesus for you.  If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus and would like to know how, message me and I will be more than happy to introduce you to Him.  Hugs!

28 comments:

  1. What a precious image and the effect is perfect for the scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so pleased I popped over from Mim xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous little boy card. Love the check pattern paper. Thanks for sharing your inspirational verses as well.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to use the scripture! The image is so cute and the papers are gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card! Absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely adorable image and you are right, such a great reminder of God's great love for us. You did a wonderful job coloring the image and showcasing its full potential. Amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet image. Love the directions for the easel card. Thanks for playing along with the Sister Act Card Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design...thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card and lovely colour/pattern combination, thanks so much for joining our fortnightly challenge over at Hobbycutz

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous!! I found your blog through Lisa's Path of Positivity Challenge and was immediately drawn in by your coloring skills. Your posts are wonderful and I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, I love the cute image and the design's fab too. Thank you for playing along with us at Hobbycutz this fortnight.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love teh creative layout on this card - just fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card of a little boy cuddling his bear you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well of “anything goes”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Sweetie, I have a few teddies that I can't throw away x
    Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for hoining in our current challenge over on the LEJ Designs Challenge No 54 - Die Cuts and /or Punches

    What an absolutely wonderful card. Love the layout with those different elements and papers. The image is adorable and very versatile. This really is a great cards.

    I hope you will join us again for our future weekly challenges as there are always excellent prizes up for grabs.

    Hugs Lisa xxxx LEJ Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card love the colors you used and that wonderful image. Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely Boy-card, thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

    hugs Amanda
    Shelly's Images DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning easel card, love your layout! Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT and good luck. Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous easel card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always enjoy your cards JoAnn and your inspirational messages. Not only are you gifted in your card making but in your articulation also. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! Love that verse!!! Thanks for participating in our QKR STAMPEDE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect boy card, so sweet! Thanks so much for joining us for the Wags n Whiskers Challenge, and CIP too! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card is so cute and perfect for a young man! Your coloring is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at CI Paints this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful papers and layout. Sweet image that works perfectly with the sentiment. I understand why you were so affected when you first saw this image. Very uplifting post and card. Thanks for linking once again to the Path of Positivity.

    May the sun continue to shine down on your path,
    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Darling card and even better Word for us all! God is Good! Bless you for sharing His word with boldness in love.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Ecclectic Elapu this week! -Blessings, Adrienne - EE Pink Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a delightful creation. I love your layout and image and the dp you used. Just so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Perfect Sentiment this week. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your Easel card is gorgeous! I love those papers and the sweet image. Thank you so much for sharing with TTCRD last week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is outstanding! I love your paper combination and image with this sentiment. What a great masculine card of encouragement. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...