THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Scripture Series: He Giveth Power to the Faint Card---It's Time to Join Us for a Great Inspirational Challenge at Word Art Wednesday...

Good morning, y'all Crafters out there!  I'm back for another inspirational project for Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  Have you ever experienced being at the lowest point of your life?  I asked because when we are growing up, everything we need (sometimes, even our "wants") are provided by our parents.  Under normal circumstances, we don't need to worry about what we are going to eat, drink, clothing, shelter because Mom and Dad is around.  But as we quickly approach adulthood, we realize that our parents cannot provide everything for us anymore and if we end up making wrong decisions, things can quickly get out of hand.  You know, I thought I was okay and having a father that had a very influential job, I thought my future was secure---grow up, finishing school, land a good job (possibly a professional singer---I love to sing, and dance and act) and travel all over the world.  But the people and things I counted on didn't deliver.  I lost control of my voice after an intense rehearsal for a Choir competition in College that stressed my vocal cords and never recovered from it, lost respect for my father one lie after another, stress in the household due to financial turmoil and friends that are concerned about having fun but never delivered a comfort and strength I was looking for.  And the last straw, a knight in shining armor that left without a word.  It literally felt the world came crashing down on me all at the same time...Though I kept a good attitude in front of everybody, they didn't know that I was broken and devastated inside.  I felt like I was in a sinking sand and no help in sight.  I was at my lowest point, so much so, that I don't see any point in living.  In that state, I utter a simple prayer asking God to take me---and He responded!  HE TOOK ME IN HIS ARMS AND COMFORTED ME LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER DONE.  He began to show me who JESUS is in my life using different means---new friends that came my way, Christ centered TV programs and of course, His infallible Word.  It was many years ago, I surrendered my life to the One who died for me and took me out of the darkness and brought me to His glorious light.  I walked with Him , talked to Him and depended on Him. Even in my unfaithfulness and stubbornness---He's relentless!   Jesus' love for me is immeasurable---no height, no depth, no width.  As my 7 year old son puts it---it's INFINITY...ETERNAL, UNCHANGING!  If you are in some kind of turmoil as I was and have been tired of looking for help in all other places---bring it all to JESUS!  He didn't come just to save me, He also came to save YOU along with all of humanity.  It is in your weakness that He's strength is made perfect.  The Bible reveals to us the love of God through Jesus Christ and I would like for you to ponder on these promises:

"Come to me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke on you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  (Matthew 11:28-30)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."  (Proverbs 3:5-6)

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  (Isaiah 41:10)  

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

"I call on the Lord in my distress, and he answers me." (Psalm 120:1)

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

This brings me to my inspirational card and the featured Word Art at our Anything Goes Challenge at WAW which highlights Isaiah 40:29 which talks about God strengthening those are weak and giving them power to overcome every wiles of the enemy.  You see, this does not only pertain to sickness or physical disabilities.  Those who know that there's nothing we can do in everyday situation without God in our lives is empowered and strengthened by God as we place our faith in the finished work of Christ on the Cross.  This is a wonderful promise that we have to keep in our hearts.  I have chosen one of the images of my fave artist, Mo Manning, and it's called "Girl and Dog." I had it for a while now but I'm glad I finally got to use it as I love the wonderful expression on that girl's face and the funky dog...LOL.  I colored it with my Promarker/Prismacolor/Spectrum Noir markers.  I used a 5.5-inch Kraft card base with more Kraft and yellow green CS for matting.  The DP's are from Recollections, the circle was cut with my MS Circle Cutter,  the border punch (houses) is a Sizzix die  that I ran through the Cuttlebug and inked with several Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Peacock Feathers, Fired Brick and Rusty Hinge).  I used Fiskars border punch for the slits where I threaded the ribbon.  I attached a brad in the center of the crochet flower that I made (See My Etsy Shop on the side of my Blog if you want to purchase) and adhered our featured Word Art/Verse which colors I altered with my Paint program.  Lastly, I stitched all over this Card.  Hope you enjoy the pics.


 HE GIVETH POWER TO THE FAINT CARD:


 HE GIVETH POWER TO THE FAINT CARD LAYERS:


 HE GIVETH POWER TO THE FAINT CARD INSIDE:


HE GIVETH POWER TO THE FAINT CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! *** 


I hope you'd take the time to join us at our WAW Challenge.  You can download the free Word Art by visiting our site, make a project out of it and link it to our Challenge.  This is not a requirement but if you have projects that are family friendly with uplifting and inspirational messages, you can link that too (you are allowed up to 5).  Our sponsors this week are Heart and Soul Rubber Stamps and The World's Most Artsy Penguin.  I can't wait to see your projects this week and leave you some lovin' on your Blogs.  Have a blessed day and always remember, Jesus cares for you, a lot!

28 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card!! I love all the details you included - the colors, the die cuts, the flower, all of it!! Thanks for sharing your testimony. What a great example of God amazing and saving grace. He is so good to us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so aptly illustrated the wonderful scripture from Isaiah, Jo Ann. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, I love your design and fabulous colour scheme, an adorable image and stunning details!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card. Fantastic layout and lovely colours. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very cute card JoAnn, your image fits perfectly with this week's verse. Love how colorful it is too. And loved reading your post! Thanks for sharing from the heart. God is good and I'd be lost w/out Him. Something I was told from a very young age... "People will always fail you... but God won't" Well I wish you a blessed week-end in the Lord! :)

    Hugs,
    kris (May GD for WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and envie Jo. Visiting from MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome creation inside & out! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘April Showers Bring May Flowers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Saw your card on Make It Monday Challenge blog!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Love the wonderful scene you created! Great design, papers, embellies, and coloring of that darling image! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours are great, your card are always so neatly finished and again I wished I could sew like you :) Thank you for sharing your work at The Rubber Buggy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet. The dog is almost as big as the girl - Her expression is too cute and your design and coloring are superb -- I am so glad you came over to share your talent-- what a wonderful piece.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #109 Flowers challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card made me smile! great design and beautiful colourwork, thanks for joining us at the paper shelter. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Fab 'N' Funky Challenges.

    Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry you have experienced such turmoil earlier in life but am happy to see that you have found comfort in the arms of God. I just love how well the scripture verse and the image mesh. Once again a beautiful entry into the Path of Positivity challenge. Thanks so much for your continued support.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Jo Ann, your card is beautiful. I love the details and the coloring you add to every card you create. I am so glad that you were able to find comfort with the words of our Father. I feel as if your post was intended to be read by me, because it gave me strength to continue my battle with life's ups and downs. Thank you for that. A beautiful card with a heartfelt story that fits so well with the scripture. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Mema's Crafts and I hope you will continue to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely card, your crochet flower is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us @ Fab 'n Funky :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Love the bright colours! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!
    Lisa Grace (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a beautiful card! Love the cute image and the pretty layout. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make It Monday. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous creation, and lovely sentiment. Your coloring is just wonderful, and I love the crocheted flower. Really fun, bright and happy little scene you created. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card...thank you for joiningus at TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp'n'Doodle Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all the colors in this card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp 'n' Doodle!!

    lovies, =o) kel
    Stamp 'n' Doodle DT
    http://scrap-photograffs.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card and image, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight. Abbie (Co Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card! Love the colors and the image is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
    Mieko xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely card. Love how you have showcased the image. Thank you for joining us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi jo Ann wow such beautiful cards!! I love them and the colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining in our "Blooms & Blossoms" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a cute card. I love the image with this scripture. It is perfect. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...