THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Scripture Series: A Virtuous Woman Card---Join us for an Inspirational Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Hey there!  What a beautiful Wednesday morning again.  Time is way too fast nowadays and I must say, I have a hard time keeping up. While at a Hobby store a few days ago, I was drawn to buying some tools that could have started another hobby. As I was trying to decide whether to buy the new tools, I was confronted with the reality that I really don't have the time to add more hobbies in my list.  There's this side of me that is tirelessly wanting to create more but I know that my body as well as my time will not be able to support it.  I would occasionally hear people saying "I am bored!" and honestly, if I can only take their time and add it on mine, I would gladly do so.  But no, we are all given the same amount of time each day, no more, no less. TIME is such an important aspect of our lives that we constantly check it from the moment we wake up till we go to sleep.  For how long is "TIME" going to dictate my life?  Pretty much while I am still living here on earth.  Oh well!  But then, God told us about ETERNAL LIFE.  In the scriptures, it is clear that our life here on earth is temporal and as we live this physical body, our soul and spirit continues the journey to the realm where time is non-existent.  The decisions we made here on earth would impact that which is eternal.  There are 2 places to go----Eternal Life with God or Eternal Separation from Him.  There are some verses that every living soul here on earth should ponder on for apart from Jesus, there is no other way to be saved...

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) 

"Jesus said to her (Martha), I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"  (John 11:25-26)

"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)

"Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory." (1 Corinthians 15:51-54)

These verses are promises that every Born-Again believer can rely on.  We serve a God who is Alpha and Omega (the Beginning and the End).  Like a comic book, we live our lives frame by frame yet God has already seen the entire book.  We can be confident that  He knows everything and He has our best interest no matter what.  He has shown His utmost love for me by paying the price of my freedom---death on the Cross!  I now have complete victory from the bondage of the enemy and the sin nature he casted upon me...I am free, I am free!  The good news is that Jesus did the same thing  to every human being that existed, existing and will ever exist in this planet.  Yet, do you believe in what He's done for you?  That is the question that needs to be answered while we are still physically alive.

Anyway, I would like to share with you today my inspiration card for this week's Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  Mother's Day is here in a few days and the free Word Art this week is about a Godly and virtuous woman.  Proverbs 31 explains the wonderful qualities we possess as daughters of the Almighty God.  On our own abilities, we would fail to come close to what a virtuous woman's description is.  But through the Holy Spirit that lives inside of us, we are a work in progress.  Everyday, we are changed unto the image of our Lord Jesus Christ till we come face to face with Him.  What a truly glorious day it will be.  You can download our free Word Art at the WAW Blog.  For my main image, I used a line-art image that I got from Cutie Pie Wonderland (JadeDragonne) and I colored with my Promarker/Prismacolor/Spectrum Noir markers.  I used a Kraft 5.5-inch base card and the DP's are from DCWV.  I used an MS punch to shape the sides and Nestabilities for the Hexagon.  I layered several Prima flowers and added white brads and glitters (Stickles-Diamond) to their centers.  I changed the color of the Word Art using Paint to coordinate with the colors in my card, adhered several pearl gems from I-Rock and finally, stitched all over this card.  I am not used to using dark colors in my projects but love how this came out. 


A VIRTUOUS WOMAN CARD:


A VIRTUOUS WOMAN CARD LAYERS:


A VIRTUOUS WOMAN CARD INSIDE:


 
A VIRTUOUS WOMAN CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! *** 


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Pile It On---For a Mother
Everybody-Art---Pearls
LEJ Designs---Summer is Coming
TTCRD---Anything Goes
Inky Impressions---Mother's Day/For A Lady
Brown Sugar---Mother's Day
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards---Mother's Day/For Mum
Crafting By Designs---Remembering Our Childhood
Crafty Calendar---Blooms and Blossoms
Crafter's Cafe---Mom and/or For a Woman
Creative Card Crew---Bling
One Stop Craft---Flower Power
Our Creative Corner---Anything Goes
Sister Act---Anything Goes
My Sheri Crafts---Mother's Day
Corrosive Challenge---Mother's Day
Southern Girlz---You Can Say That Again
Fussy and Fancy---Anything Goes
Catch the Bug---Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments---Use a Sentiment
Cut It Up---Mother's Day
All Sorts---Add Some Sparkle
Divas by Design---Anything Goes
Ecclectic Ellapu---Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly---Anything Goes
One Crazy Stamper---Flowers
ABC Challenge---M for Make It Sparkle
V's Sweet Ideas---Mother's Day
Deep Ocean---Let's Sparkle
Loves Rubberstamps---Anything Goes


I hope you come and join us at WAW Challenge.  There are many prizes to be won from 2 wonderful sponsors---Fred She Said and My Creative Classroom (free class).  You can create a project and link it using this week's free Word Art (not mandatory) or link up to 5 projects (family friendly, uplifting, inspiring) to our Challenge.  I can't wait to see what you come up with.  Have a blessed day and always remember that Jesus loves and cares for you a lot!

45 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Your coloring is stunning. I love the texture of the flowers it really draws the whole piece together.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, Jo Ann. And your card is such a wonderful piece of art. And the envelope box is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous coloring job!! Wow! I really like your card design and all the die cuts and details you included. Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CC&CC , good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Mother's Day
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card, Jo Ann! Love the image and scripture. The inside and envelope look fabulous too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    Hugs,

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool project! I love the image and your card is gorgeous! hanks for joining us this week at SACC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which image did you use? I checked out Jade Dragonne's Deviant Art page, but couldn't find this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!Awesome coloring! Great job!
    Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenge.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this. TFS with us over at Eclectic Ellapu this week and hope to see you in future challenge.
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Love the colors you used, the papers, and the stitching! So refreshed by your blog. Thanks for sharing the word! So glad you shared with us at Crafty Sentiments!
    Jackie W
    SchoolinandScrappin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Pretty... I like your layout and colors. Thank You for joining us this week at Loves Rubber Stamps. Good Luck.
    Tons Of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic, I love the sentiment & your layout & colouring is perfect x
    Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous card Jo Ann, I love the image and how you've coloured her. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Add Some Sparkle challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card, fab image and colouring. Love the layout. Thank you for entering in Creative Card Crew challenge.
    Lou DT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another beautiful card, your colouring is fabulous and the image is lovely. Thank you again for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! I love the image and flowers! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love JadeDragonne's images...fab card! thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week

    ReplyDelete
  19. BEAUTIFUL card and fabulous coloring -- thanks sooo much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for joining the Fussy and Fancy challenge - good luck!

    xx Sazzle x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful, wonderful image and colouring, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a gorgeous creation! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week for our 'Anything Goes' challenge!
    Claire H xx
    EE DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Me again! Forgot to add, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)
    ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card! Truly love your design! Thank you for joining our Corrosive Challenge this fortnight.
    Ruza, CDT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what a Stunning Card! Love the Gorgeous layers!Great choice of Image and I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous colouring and fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog! Hope to see you again next week.
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    BUGABOO DT MEMBER

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty! I love all the bold colors! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty card, Thanks for sharing with us at Brown Sugar Challenges
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful creation as always, really love coming to your blog and seeing all your gorgeous work, but also to read your words from God, always so inspiring. Thanks so much for playing this week at Crafty Sentiments and Inky Impressions!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a gorgeous card! I love your coloring. Thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs Challenge #52 'Summers Coming'...
    Another stunning card and this image shouts summer days to me :D I love the shapes you have used and the papers. Great make and I love that you have even done the envelope to match.
    I hope you will join us again for our future weekly challenges over on the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog. We always have wonderful digi images and prized to be won.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxxx LEJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning card.

    Thanks for sharing at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, fabulous coloring and card design. I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your card! It is perfect. Love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is such a beautiful image and our card is so pretty! Love all your fantastic details. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. beautiful love your coloring love your card
    thanks for playing allong at the crafters cafe challenge blog
    hugs Diana

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very cute Card! I love the sentiment.. Thanks for joining us at The Crafters Cafe this month

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a gorgeous card! The coloring is phenomenal! Thanks for joining us at SGC.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a sweet image, and great colouring skills! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very pretty project, Jo Ann! I always love the stitching on your cards. I wish I could sew in a straight line. I'm practicing! Wonderful coloring on the image, too! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love this!! Thanks for playing with us this month at TCCCB!
    FYI: We have a DT Call going on right now! Be sure to check it out!! :)
    http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com/2013/05/tcccb-design-team-call.html
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...