THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Scripture Series: Behold Thy Face in Righteousness Card---It's an Inspirational/Anything Goes Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and also a GDT Spot at Crafting by Designs...

It's another Wednesday and I'm bringing to you a new Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  God has been so wonderful that as we obey His calling in our lives, He allows us to enlarge our tent and meet some wonderful people along the way.  I am  honored to be asked to be GDT for the Challenge at Crafting by Designs and the same project is featured today in their new Challenge.  In the midst of constant attack on everything that is Godly, I am meeting more and more people that have the same purpose in their Blog.  That is, to honor God and spread the good news of His Word in this troubling days.  I just won a Challenge in a site called Creating in Faith, Hope and Love and I had fun playing because I can make anything with a Bible verse as a sentiment.  I love meeting people who are not only loving everything Crafty but recognizes that everything that God has gifted us with should be used to declare His glory in this world.  Romans 10:17 tells us, "Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. How awesome it is for every believer to step up in faith and share the grace and love that God has shown us through His Son using the very talents He equipped us with.  I knew I love to Craft but never did I imagine that I would be this passionate in creating paper crafts that showcases the hope I have in Christ.  Furthermore, I didn't consider Blogging about the wonderful things that God has imparted in my life on a weekly basis.  I can choose to just post my cards, share the technique and tools I used and be done with it.   It wasn't my ambition to write.  I don't really enjoy reading as a hobby so, I thought I would not have factual things to say.   Little did I know that one simple decision to attend a College level Bible class would empower me to share God's wonderful works in my life.  That desire to attend one class (10 weeks) continued to the present, nearly 5 years of learning God's Word.  There was hunger and thirst in my heart to know the Lord in the most intimate way.  On my second year attending, I asked my Pastor/Teacher what could be the reason for all the studying?  I was certain  there's a purpose but haven't figured it out.  One day, I was going about blogging one of my creations and found myself sharing what I learned from studying God's Word.  From then on, I could not post anything that would not include sharing God's message.  I didn't plan things to happen that way.  It just did!  God knew that  I am a vessel for Him so, He used my life to inspire, enlighten and encourage people.   I am so amazed and honored to be one of the many Ambassadors of Christ here on earth to which we are all called.

Truthfully, it does not take a super talented and intelligent individual to represent Christ.  What He does require is faith ( complete trust in Him) and obedience.  The Bible declares in 1 Corinthians 1:27-31, "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”  I tell you, I am incapable of comprehending the things of God had he not placed the wisdom and understanding of His Kingdom in my heart.  I've encountered people who claimed to be intellectuals but cannot understand anything spiritually.  For the things of God is not of this earth, it is spiritually discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14).  Man lost that spiritual connection with God when Adam sinned. It was restored by the finished work of Jesus Christ!  Anyone who placed their trust in the Lord Jesus, have been Born- Again with a new spirit as if the Fall never happened.  Therefore, I can stand before my Father in heaven without shame of any wrongdoing because Jesus paid for my sins and nailed them all to the Cross with Him.  No amount of good works can replace the victory that Jesus won for us.  That victory is present in us today and will stay with us in the eternal.  How can I not give my life to Someone who took my punishment, freed me from bondage of Satan and washed me white as snow?  He did it all because He loves us.  There's no hopeless situation that  God cannot pull you out of the moment you ask for His help.  All you need to do is quit trying to save yourself and allow Him to completely take-over as you trust in His love.

So, today's free Scripture Word Art (by Karen Murray) comes from Psalm 17:15 which says, "As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."  We all know that one day, we will die in the physical (unless Rapture comes first).  Death is such a difficult thing to understand especially if you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  Yet for those who are washed by the blood of the Lamb, death is merely a "separation." In this case, we are going to be separated from our mortal bodies as our spirit and soul returns to the Lord.  It is illustrated in the story of Lazarus and the rich man which you can find in Luke 16:19-31.  We are literally going to wake up in the spiritual realm and everything that God has spoken about through Jesus and His written Word will be crystal clear to us.  Everyone that claims to not believe in God will be confronted of the reality that He exist and that He will proclaim judgment to those that followed their own paths to destruction.  Yet on the happy note, He would also give rewards to the faithful.  Everyone who have placed their faith in Jesus would not be under any physical bondage, from that time on, for the Lord would give us glorified bodies like unto Jesus.  I know that as we go through life, we can commit mistakes but be encouraged that as you grow mature in the knowledge of God, He is changing you from glory to glory till we completely transform to His image and likeness upon seeing Him face to face.  What a wonderful scripture to ponder on.  You can download this for free at WAW.  Here are some Bible verses about our hope of Christ-likeness.

"God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."  (Romans 2:6-8)

"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."  (Philippians 2:12-13)

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." (2 Corinthians 3:18)

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body." (Philippians 3:20-21)

For my inspiration card, I use an image from one of our sponsors, Deedee's Digi's called "DA Sunshine and Smiles" and colored it with my ProMarker/Prismacolor markers.  The white base is cut and scored to make a 5.5 inches square card.  The DP's are from Paper Studio and Pebbles, the ribbon from my stash and and I used my MS Circle Cutter to make the circles.  Crafting by Designs theme is to "Add a Ribbon" and that's what I did, exactly.  Lastly, I stitched all over this project.  I was coloring this sunflower in traditional yellow but had a change of heart.  I went for the colorful ones instead.  Just because I want the image to pop.  I am pretty happy with the results. 


 BEHOLD THY FACE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS:


 BEHOLD THY FACE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS LAYERS:


 BEHOLD THY FACE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS INSIDE:


BEHOLD THY FACE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! *** 


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Challenges 4 Everybody---ATG
Just Keep On Creating---ATG
Doodle Garden---ATG
Lacy Sunshine---ATG
OSAAT---Use a Digi
Fitztown---ATG
Inky Impressions---Think Spring
Dazzling Diva---Frames/ATG
Crafter's Cafe---Make a Square Card
Divas by Design---Flower Power
Handmade Harbour---Spring
Hobbybrook---Time for Spring
Little Red Wagon---Rainbow of Colors
City Crafter---Spring in the Garden
Crafty Sentiments---It's All About Spring
Cuttin and Stampin---ATG with Specified Colors
Fan-Tastic Tuesday---ATG
Ike's World---Spring Into Spring
Ladybug Crafts---For a Special Lady
Papertake Weekly---For Mum or Girlie
Sweet Stamps---ATG
TTCRD---ATG
Tuesday Throwdown---Tic Tac Toe (Bling (nail head gems)/Digi Image/Ribbon)


This is all I have for now.  Don't forget to link our projects to our WAW Challenge this week.  You can use the free  scripture Word Art that I featured here by downloading it from our WAW site but not mandatory.  You can link up to 5 projects as long as it has family friendly, inspirational, uplifting message to it.  We will be selecting 2 winners at the end of the week that will win fabulous prizes from our sponsors---Verses Rubber Stamps ($20 GC) and Deedee's Digis (3 stamp sets of choice) .  Don't forget to visit Crafting by Designs as well and link your awesome ribbon cards. So what are you waiting for?  Inspire us with your creations...Have an awesome day!  Always remember that God is not finished with you yet.  He keeps changing you daily till we become perfect in His presence.  Keep your focus on Him!

31 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Jo Ann for making such an inspirational, beautiful project and joining us as a Guest Designer this week at Crafting by Designs!!
    Hugs, Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Beautiful design and love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful and very inspirational post. Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog (FCB). We hope you will join us again and good luck!
    Ema
    FCB DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card, love the design
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers on this card and the lovely bold colours you have used.
    Great layout and colouring too.
    Thanks so much for sharing it in the LCI challenge this fortnight.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time this week, and i hope you can join us next time. Good luck.
    DT Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! You've used color so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge.
    Linda K. DT.
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card. Thank you so much for playing with us at Add A Little Dazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card! I love the bright colours so summery!!! Thank you very much for sharing this lovely creation of yours with us at SweetStamps.com. Good Luck and hope to see you back soon again....
    Sweet Hugs
    Denise
    http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jo Ann my darling friend, it is always a joy to see you and talk to you. When I saw that you were on my rotation I felt a huge YIPEE! I hope you are well, you certainly sound it. I felt great joy reading your sermon, as I always do. I love that you wrote about your process and journey to your Art Ministry. It feels like so much insight and clarity in your sharing! This piece of art is stunning my friend. I love the vibrance (that is also you) and the juxtaposition of the color and absence of color. You continue to be an inspiration to the world. Your love shines through your Art Ministry, whether you speak it or create it without the spoken word...it's passion reigns. Honey bun, for Ike's World Challenge in order to qualify for the prize you are invited to pop over and pick up Ike's freebie or of course, if you have one of Ike's images, use that, or come to http://www.ikesart.com (Ike's Art Store) and pick up one of her images. We are a challenge where our images are used to qualify for the prize. Having said that Jo Ann, you know that I feel deeply in my heart, that your art is a beauty, wherever it is seen, and your soul and spirit are a gift to whomever comes in contact with you. And having said that, thank you for blessing us with your beautiful card and the beautiful "you" that is. Love always, Samara DT Ike's World Challenge xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card love the flowers and sentiment. Sorry it will not qualify for a prize unfortunately, as you need to use one of Ike's images. You still have time to pick up the VERY cute freebie if you'd like to do that to qualify.Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, thanks for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning and fantastic card!
    Thank for joining us at Fitztown Challenge
    Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for joining us again in the Hobbybook Designer Challenge....another beautiful card, I love your use of colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. just beautiful, I love the little fence in the stamp too
    Thank you for playing along with us over on the Divas by design challenge blog
    hugs Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  18. As always a stunning card and some inspiring words for the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful design, love the bright colored flowers. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining in with us this week at Papertake Weekly.

    Sarah
    (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful flowers and a stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty sentiments and good luck! Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely adorable!!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card the flowers are fab. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week for our 'It's all about Spring' challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jo Ann, this is marvelous! Lovely coloring and I love the layers. Thanks for playing along in our first "Anything Goes" challenge at Doodle Garden this month and good luck in the draw. :-D
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love this card, such cheery flowers and a wonderful piece of scripture. I am so glad you've joined us at IKE's WORLD Challenges, as the other ladies on the DT have said you must use one of IKE's images to qualify for the prize. Ike shares the most adorable freebies on the challenge blog that you could use and there is still a week left on the challenge, I know we would all love it if you shared a creating with an IKE image :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. loving your card so fresh and bright, thanks for joining us over on divas by designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful and fun card!. Thank you for playing along with the Dazzling Divas design team challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This card is just perfect, I love the main image and everything else on this card.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will join in on the next link up starting on 01.04.2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have a wonderful eye and such beautiful coloring on the main image. The flowers to pop and love the the gorgeous bright colors against the soft neutral back ground. Fab layers and an amazing card. Thank you so much for your entry to this round of Ike's World Challenges. Shoni - DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...