THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Scripture Series: Prayer Unto Thee Card---Join Us At Word Art Wednesday for Anything Goes/Inspirational Challenge...

Hello everyone!  It's another Wednesday and time to share another free Word Art at our Word Art Wednesday ChallengeIt's taken from Psalm 5:3 which says. " My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up."  As human beings that is made in the image of Almighty God, we are to always connect to our Source to walk through the circumstances of life.  We are to depend on Him wholeheartedly.  Being that He made us, He alone knows our abilities, capabilities and weaknesses.  He even knows our very purpose and what will become of us.  We are finite, He's infinite!  The only way He mandated us to communicate with Him is through "prayer."  Whether it's for a personal need or a prayer of intercession for other people or for major issues that our country or the world are facing, there's nothing our God would not hear.  Some choose to pray for long hours in their prayer closets or like me---short minutes all throughout the day, what is important is to know why are we praying and Who we are praying to.  I strongly believe that prayer is so much more than uttering words of petition.  Each of us should recognize that we should not pray to anyone who does not have the authority and the power to hear our prayers.  For us redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, we pray to the God who created heaven and earth, the One and Only Powerful, Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Rock of the Ages God in whom everything originate.  No one created Him and He is accountable to no one but Himself.  He is the Author of both "justice and love." He makes everyone accountable for their sins but He's also the only One Who offered mercy and grace to them that will access His pathway to salvation.  God allows trials to come our way but He also provides the way out.  Sometimes, we want things to happen in our own time and many have lost their faith in God because their request was not granted.  They forgot that God knows what is best for He sees our future and that we don't really own our lives.   Yet, He allows us to call upon Him and to bring our request.  You see, I have many answered prayers and there's also those that He told me to wait and those that He said "No."  Though my mind could not comprehend why my Mom had to die in the year she did, God's Word tells me in Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  Knowledge of the Word of God helps my prayers as I know I can place my faith safely in whatever God said and  that He's got my best interest whatever happens.  Jesus showed us that even the Son of God didn't exempt Himself from the beatings of life and that victories can be hidden inside what people may call defeat.  Jesus had to endure all the beatings to the point of death in order to achieve a greater glory---mankind living with Him for all eternity.  

To start our day with a prayer to our Almighty God is the way to go about the challenges of the day.  Truthfully, I don't pray to be close to God.  I pray because I am already close to Him and I have confidence that He hears my prayer because of what Jesus Christ done for me.  Jesus is the Only means by which I can connect with my Father.  The Holy Spirit gives me the faith and desire to be in that state.  I may not pray for hours but for me, Jesus is everything!  He is the One sitting beside us every meal, my Companion when I'm driving to and fro, the One Who gives me answers to life's most simple and difficult questions, the One that comforts me when I am down and the One that rejoices with me in triumphs.  I talk to Him like a Father whose also a Friend.  He knows me more than I know myself so, there's nothing I can hide from Him.  All I need is to be completely honest and to always believe that He's with me through life's ups and downs.  Most especially, He's going to be with me when this life is over---for all eternity!  I am so grateful that He called me to His kingdom and would love for everyone to have the same experience.  Call upon Him today, He still answers prayers!  Leaving you with some verses to ponder:

"Be joyful always; pray continually;  give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,  in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.  And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,  who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory."  (Ephesians 1:11-14)

"Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.  In that day you will ask in my name (Jesus).  I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf.  No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God." (John 16:25-27)

For today's inspiration card, I used an image from Sassy Cheryl called "Sassy Happiness" which I colored with my ProMarker/Prismacolor markers.  The base is a white CS, cut and scored to make a 5.5 inches square card.  The DP's are from my scraps, the layered flowers from Prima with a brad from Recollections.  I also incorporated some white nail head gems from Imaginisce and glittery ribbon from my stash.  Lastly, I stitched all over this card.


 PRAYER UNTO THEE CARD:


 PRAYER UNTO THEE CARD LAYERS:


 PRAYER UNTO THEE CARD INSIDE:


PRAYER UNTO THEE CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Crafting with Dragonflies---ATG
Creative Moments---ATG/Recipe Challenge
Fab 'n' Funky---Anything with Ribbon
Craftyhazelnut's---Patterned Paper
Sweet 7---Sassy
Papertake Weekly---ATG
Loves Rubberstamps---ATG
Crafty Girls---ATG
Whimsy Stamps---ATG
Arty by Miran---ATG
Crafting at the Weekend---ATG
Crafty Sentiments---ATG
TTCRD---ATG
Craft for the Craic---Suited for a Child
DL.ART---ATG
Pinspirational---ATG
Sisters of Craft---ATG
Crafting by Designs---ATG
Dragons Laire---ATG


I hope you'd take the time to join us at our WAW Challenge.  It's Anything Goes as long as it's family friendly with uplifting and inspirational messages, you can link up to 5 projects.  Our sponsors this week are Verses Rubber Stamps ($20 GC for wood of cling stamps) and  Sweet and Sassy Stamps ($10 GC to their shop).  I can't wait to see your projects this week and leave you some lovin' on your Blogs.  Have a blessed day and I pray that you acknowledge the glory of the Lord in yourself and in everything around you.  His Name be praised forever! 

13 comments:

  1. Oh Jo Ann your image is perfect for the scripture, and your card is outstanding! Thank you too for your thoughtful and inspiring words.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joyful looking creation! I loved reading your post. You really touched my heart and reminded me of some things God was telling me, but I have been too busy to listen. Thank you for your honesty and for sharing His love.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyous indeed. A lovely card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card -- such a cheerful design. Thanks for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love the gorgeous colours, image and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card and idea! I love that image. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with Through the Craftroom Door this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute project. Love how you have showcased the sweet image. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome card.. love your design.. and the colour combo is superb... thank you for sharing it with us at Art by MiRan challenge #16.. good luck ;)

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure delight. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our 16th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Groovy image and a well designed card with a lovely lay out Jacqui DT Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely lovely lovely card. thankyou for entering it into the sisters of craft blog challenge. michelle dt x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card. Love the details and the framing and the sentiment is very uplifting.

    Thanks for sharing in the Dragon'd Lair challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...